Information Please Almanac
Did you know that our school has access to a collection of databases that you can use for your research at school, home or any other computer?
DISCUS is available for you. Ask your librarian for this school year's passwords to use these great research .
This is the main page for all DISCUS databases
Escolar - an encyclopedia in Spanish
Encyclopedia Britannica Elementary
This is an online encyclopedia designed for elementary students. In addition to text articles Encyclopedia Britannica also pictures, videos, and maps.
This site has videos and games that cover many of the subjects that you study in school.
You can also visit the York County Public Library for homework help
Online Website Evaluation Tool - use this form to evaluate your web source and/or create an annotated biography
Evaluating Web Sites Form - this web evaluation tool was created by the University of MD to help students evaluate websites that they use for scholarly work.
Remember to check:
- Author - is this a credible person? Can you find information about this person?
- Date- when the site was created? Is this information outdated?
- Web domain - sites ending in ".edu" ".gov" are more credible; addresses that end in ".com" ".org" or ".net" need to be evaluated more carefully
- Are there a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes?
- Content: Does this site provide references? Does this website answer my question? Can I find this information in other places? Is this fact or opinion?